1. What if I have an emergency? During office hours you should call the usual office telephone number 918 496-8052. You will also be provided the “back office” number and our cell phone numbers. After hours you should initially call my cell phone plus you will be given several other telephone numbers to assure that you will always be able to reach me.
2. Will I be seen for an office visit on the day I call the office? With rare exceptions you will be seen the day that you call the office especially if you call early in the day.
3. How long are my usual office visits? The usual office visit is 30 minutes although your annual comprehensive evaluation takes about 3 hours.
4. What is the membership fee the MedVAS concierge medicine program? For an individual the annual fee is $1600, and for a couple it is $2700. The membership term is from September 1 through August 31. The fee is usually paid annually but it in some cases it can be paid quarterly.
5. Do you also take care of other family members? Within reason I typically optionally provide medical care to the member’s immediate family members. This does not include the extensive written report that is provided to the primary MedVAS members.
6. When do I schedule my initial comprehensive health evaluation? This is typically is
scheduled shortly after you sign up as a new member.
7. What if I don’t join the program at the first of the membership term staring in September? Your membership fee is prorated.
8. What I have to resign my membership before the term is completed? A prorated refund will be provided to you.
9. How many concierge patients do you have in your practice? I limit my number of concierge patients to 300 whereas other programs in Tulsa typically have up to 600 patients. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concierge_medicine
10. Does the MedVAS membership fee replace my insurance? No. Your membership fee covers “value added services” such as cell phone access, longer office visits, personal hospital care, home visits and an extensive written report covering your medical problems, just to mention a few.
11. How have your patients accepted the concierge medicine service? See testimonials.
12. How is your medical practice associated with Castlerock Clinical Research Consultants? She has retired from doing clinical research but she still is involved in the concierge medical practice by providing assistance with life style issues (diet, exercise and wellness).
13. What additional testing in done above the usual testing? We do specialized lipid/cholesertol profiling, genetic testing for atherosclerosis risk, and periodic chest and total body imaging to determine atherosclerosis risk and to detect early cancers. Treadmill exercise testing is done periodically depending on age and other heart disease risk factors.
14. How is the MedVAS concierge program different from other added service programs? You receive a detailed report about all your medical findings and respective treatments which is patterned after the report provided by Cooper Clinic in Dallas. Your complete medical history and medication list is provided to you on memory stick so that it can be taken with you when you travel. You have the benefit of the combined expertise of a seasoned, board-certified physician and a Yale-trained nurse practitioner. We have an experienced, caring and responsive office staff